Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
Why would I use

portLib->mem_allocate_memory(portLib....)

over just calling

hymem_allocate_memory(portlib, ....)

Hi Geir:

Not sure if the later is "hymem_allocate_memory(int size)"? If so, they are the same indeed, and the later is the a macro. Everytime before we use the macro, call "PORT_ACCESS_FROM_ENV (env)"
   e.g.:
   somemethod(JNIEnv * env, ...){
    PORT_ACCESS_FROM_ENV (env);
    hymem_allocate_memory(sizeof(something));
   }

   And they are defined in hyport.h. :)
Yes, they are same in general case. And I think the hymem_xxxx_xxx usage is prefered, because they are more handy and they encapsulate the HyPortLibrary's structure.

However, sometimes the two usage maybe different, it is possible to create multiple HyPortLibrary instance within one VM instance, and the developer can specify which HyPortLibrary instance he wants to use by explicitly invoke portLib->blabla.

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM