On 28 June 2006 at 4:55, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> What's the status of the integration of HARMONY-528, the swing/awt
> contrib?

The original contribution is in svn.  The java code is integrated.

If you manually set out the depends/libs/build tree - with libjpeg,
libpng, liblcms - then the native code can be built by adding:

  -Dwith.awt.swing=true

(Incidentally, I'd appreciate some testing/feedback on the
-Dwith.awt.swing=true build on Windows.  Especially if we want to
include awt/swing in a snapshot later this week.)

However, there is still work to do to integrate the native code properly
(where "properly" means in using ant files in the style of the existing
module natives - at least those Oliver has moved).

I'm doing the misc natives at the moment - Linux took half an hour
before breakfast but windows it taking ... err ... longer.

I'm reluctant to do the awt natives until we have a scripts for
constructing the depends/libs/build tree - I have something that might
help for Linux I will commit it later today hopefully.  The swing
natives are done (well, there aren't any ;-).

> Would you consider it done?

No, but if you consider my first sentence above sufficient then maybe it
is.

Regards,
 Mark.