On 3 July 2006 at 15:14, "Andrey Chernyshev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > I didn't find the exact reason why this happens, looks like a drlvm
> > ant scripts work differently.
>
> It could be a side effect of the recent adoption of DRLVM build
> for classlib binaries. The trick is that drlvm should put it's own
> hythread library into the deploy JRE.  Before that change drlvm wasn't
> building the original hythread library at all, but now libhythr.so is
> copied from the class libraries into the deploy directory along with
> all other native class libraries.
>
> There could be two ways to resolve it:
>
> (a) Do a quick-fix in build.xml / deploy.copy_classlib target - add a
> filter which will will exclude hythr from copying;
>
> (b) More graceful fix - split the "process.components" target in
> build.xml into compilation of the components and their copying
> into deploy directory, and then update the dependencies order for
> the "build" target to make sure that class libraries are always
> copied first and then the compiled drlvm binaries are copied second,
> overwriting the classlib binaries if needed.

c) Call the drlvm thread library something else to avoid the name clash
with the existing library?  (As IBM VME does with it's thread library.)

> I would prefer to do (a) for now since these kind of dependencies
> between classlib and drlvm are supposed to be handled by the top level
> build anyways.

I don't think we should expect the top-level build to fix any problems
like this.  The top-level build should be completely dumb.

My preference for the top-level build to just do a recursive copy of the
drlvm/deploy tree and the classlib/deploy tree to a top-level deploy
tree - which means it has to know nothing about the structure of the
deploy directories.  (And I don't think we should rely on the order
in which the recursive copies happen - i.e. the set of files under
deploy/drlvm and deploy/ classlib trees should not intersect.)

Regards,
 Mark.