Andrey Chernyshev wrote:
>> I didn't find the exact reason why this happens, looks like a drlvm ant
>> scripts work differently.
>
> It could be a side effect of the recent adoption of DRLVM build for
> classlib binaries.

Most likely. :)

> The trick is that drlvm should put it's own
> hythread library into the deploy JRE.

Yes.

> Before that change drlvm wasn't building the original hythread library
> at all, but now libhythr.so is copied from the class libraries into
> the deploy directory along with all other native class libraries.
>
> There could be two ways to resolve it:
>
> (a) Do a quick-fix in build.xml / deploy.copy_classlib target -  add a
> filter which will will exclude hythr from copying;

Sure.

> (b) More graceful fix - split the "process.components" target in
> build.xml into compilation of the components and their copying into
> deploy directory, and then update the dependencies order for the
> "build" target to make sure that class libraries are always copied
> first and then the compiled drlvm binaries are copied second,
> overwriting the classlib binaries if needed.

No - this is too random for my taste.  I'd rather see things be very
deliberate, such as not have the name clash.  Then it's harder to screw up.

> I would prefer to do (a) for now since these kind of  dependencies
> between classlib and drlvm are supposed to be handled by the top level
> build anyways.

I don't think we want to put too much intelligence into the top-level
build.  each part of the top level build, be it drlvm, classlib, jchevm,
classlibadapter, whatever should provide it's artifacts in an
agreed-upon location/structure, and the top level just copes from there.
 We need to make sure that we're order independent.

This way, adding things to the 'federation' is easy.