The field java.io.File.separatorChar varies from platform to platform "\" on
windows, "/" on Unix/Linux/etc and is intended for file system use. The
resource paths of a class loader use the separator "/"; it doesn't vary by
platform. The ClassLoader is probably being agreeable and letting this code
get away with it, but it's not required to.

-Nathan