Geir Magnusson Jr skrev  den 11-07-2006 08:23:
       return getValue((ObjectNode) nodes.get(oldInstance));
   }

(added newline after method decl, space after the if, and removed spaces
inside getValue())
When using the Eclipse debugger it is hard to see what a given method returns (I may have missed a stack view though :) so by explicitly placing the return value in a variable, and returning it, you have a line you can breakpoint where the return value is available.

For that reason alone I suggest that this is written as:

      result = getValue((ObjectNode) nodes.get(oldInstance));
        return result;

I like your formatting style though :)

--
 Thorbjørn