On 7/17/06, Vladimir Gorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/17/06, Salikh Zakirov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone share their experience on running DRLVM built from SVN?
>
> On my workstations, it requires several fixes in order to run properly:
>
> HARMONY-898 'workaround to get correct hythr.dll' (both for Linux and
> Windows)
> HARMONY-853 'DRLVM+classlib segfaults in hyzlib' (on Linux)
>
> Without HARMONY-898, DRLVM segfaults after reading NULL from TLS.
> Without HARMONY-853, DRLVM segfaults in libhyzlib.so on Linux.
>
> I would suggest that the patches from HARMONY-898 and HARMONY-853 be
> applied,
> because DRLVM doesn't work at all for me without these fixes.
>
> Any other experiences? Is anyone besides me running DRLVM from SVN?

I've built the DRLVM on Linux for the following cases:

1. w/o patches listed above;

2. w/ H-898 patch;

3. w/ H-898 & H-853 patches.

'Segmentation fault' occurs for all cases, unfortunately.

I was able to run most of smoke tests on Linux a few days ago, but now
I'm having the same segfault failure.
Some observations are:

- In the interpreted mode (-Xint option) it reports ClassNotFoundException, so
it seems VM can no longer load the classes from jars on Linux. I was able to run
a single "Hello" class though.

- Segfault actually happens during VM shutdown, after the main() is
already completed with CNFE error. I wasn't able to find the exact
point of segfault though - it seems it happens somewhere in a jitted
code, gdb doesn't show a much of useful info in that case:

#0  0x40788aa2 in malloc_consolidate () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x00000010 in ?? ()
#2  0x4083c7c8 in main_arena () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#4  0x4083c7b4 in main_arena () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#5  0x4083c798 in main_arena () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#6  0x4083c780 in __malloc_initialize_hook () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#7  0x4083aff4 in ?? () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#8  0x0855cdd0 in ?? ()
#9  0x00037230 in ?? ()
#10 0x56500158 in ?? ()
#11 0x40789bf6 in _int_free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

I'm continuing investigation, the same behavior is observed on Linux
if run with classlib's launcher.

Thanks,
Andrey.

Thanks,