Hi, Paulex,

On 7/7/06, Paulex Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, I'm working on the FileChannel completion, and my thought is to
write platform dependent codes for mmap at first(I thought it is easier
to be accepted, so that things can be moved forward), then propose a
mmap related extension to portlib, and if it is accepted, refactor the
codes. The current portlib's mmap API cannot meet the requirement of nio
in several ways:
1. cannot map file in modes other than Copy-On-Write
2. cannot map part of file
3. cannot pick up the opened file descriptor as parameter

Will look at the file locking later...And I'm sure there are other
things worthing evaluation to be portlib extension.

What is the current state of your development?
As I see, you didn't extend portlib functionality yet.
How are you going to do it?

As everybody agrees that moving all platform-dependent code of the luni
module to the portlib is the correct idea,
let's discuss the way the portlib can be extended.

Marina.