On 7/28/06, Miguel Montes wrote:

So, it seems there is consensus on the following steps:
1) We ask Sun again about the bdtd specs
2) We do NOT reverse engineer the bdtd
3) We choose a format, and document it.

It also seems that serialization is not the proper way of doing 3), so we
must select a format that doesn't depend on the implementation of, say,
Hashtable, and we remain compatible with future versions of the class
libraries.
What about using ASN.1? We already have a decoder, so it shouldn't be
difficult

Yep, using  ASN.1 for binary format seems logical. If we agree on this I
can share my experience of working with ASN.1.

Thanks,
Stepan.

On 7/27/06, Ivanov, Alexey A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Stepan Mishura