IMHO to make the concrete choice of web application framework we need
to answer the question: do we plan to develop more web-based
scripts/apps for Harmony in the future? Any suggestions?

Regards,

2006/8/3, Alexei Zakharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi Anton,

> Regarding Struts: putting logic in JSP looks ugly for me. Puttind
> 'out.println(<html code>' to Java code looks ugly, too. I remember

There are many ways in which you can achieve the separation of
business logic from presentation layer. Have you heard about MVC (or
Model-View-Controller) paradigm? The most simple example I can think
of is:

1. You collect all information you need inside the servlet's doPost or
doGet methods
2. You store gathered information in the java bean object.
3. You put this bean object into the session (or the request) by means
of session.setAttribute() (or request.setAttribute())
4. Forward the current request to JSP page by means of
request.getRequestDispatcher(<name of your JSP>).forward(..)
5. Retrieve the stored java bean from within your JSP code by means of
either <jsp:useBean> (see [1] for details) or direct Java scripting
and display it to the user

As a result you will have the business logic of your application
encapsulated inside the servlet and the presentation logic
encapsulated inside JSP page. However, this is a hand-made variant of
the MVC-framework. :) You can also utilize exitent MVC-frameworks like
Struts and MyFaces. But they are much more complex and you will bring
extra dependencies in.

About the attached HTMLs: is there any possibility to utilize
JUnitReport to generate report pages? It will probably look nicer in
this case.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/JSPBeans.html

Best Regards,