http://news.com.com/Sun+expands+open-source+Java+plan/2100-7252_3-6105601.html?tag=nefd.top

Good news.  Last night Sun announced that they should be getting javac
and hotspot out this year, and doing ME as well (which I was guessing...)

It will be interesting to see what license.  I'm pulling for  a BSD-ish
license like MIT so we can use it (they probably won't use Apache
License because of the FSFs view on it's compatibility with the GPL)

I had posted something related to this subject yesterday as well (but
before they announced anything...) :

http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/geir/archives/001382_open_source_java.html