Hi Mikhai,
As for your listed 3, we need to abstract the Data reference trace. And we
won`t recode the data reference trace in all iterations of the loop, we just
recode
for 100, or maybe less. So the trace won`t be too large. And Chilimbi prove
only
profiling 50 or less iterations is suffice. The problem we must think
seriously is
how to abstract the Data reference trace.

Chilimbi introduced his way to abstract the data reference trace [Efficient
Representations and Abstractions for Quantifying and Exploiting Data
Reference
Locality], I will list it.

"An obvious candidate for abstracting data addresses is to use the name or
type
of the object that generates the address. While this apporach works for
static
objects, heap addresses present an additional challenge. Heap space is
reused
as heap data is dynamically allocated and freed. Consequently, the same heap
address can correspond to different program objects during execution....."

It`s the way Chilimbi used in C or C++ programs. Maybe in jvm, we can get
the
name or type of the object that generate the address more easily??? I need
your
clue.

--
Best Regards,