Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Artem Aliev wrote:
Hello, guys.

Do not forgot about "portability"
Hysock lib is a porting layer and it should work the same way on all platforms.
The windows does not support signals at all
So the porting layer should hide all OS depended signal processing
including this select() problem.
+1 to my patch.
The patch removes implementation depended feature.

That's crazy. This isn't an "implementation dependent feature" - it's a side effect.

Sorry - this came across wrong. I was just kidding, (and in the lines below), but for a non-native english speaker, you might mis-interpret.

The key is that signals are an important part of Unix IPC - for example, what happens w/ a ctrl-c? Will these processes (yes, under linux, a thread is a process) quit?

I worry about this and other side effects by masking *all* signals like we'd be effectively be doing...

The other question is how to interrupt read/select operations in
hyport libraries.
The close() operation as I remember interrupt read() operation but not
interrupt select(). Select for example could be interrupted with
special file that could be added to the file list.

This is just getting worse and worse.

One more time: signals is not correct way because there is no signals
under Win32 and there is no signals API in porting layer.

Right, but this isn't a feature we've put into the linux version, it's a side effect.

Thanks
Artem