Salikh Zakirov wrote:
Andrey Chernyshev wrote:
1.  Fix the DRLVM layout - rename vmcore to "harmonyvm" and move
..dll/.so into the "default" subdirectory such that one doesn't have to
type -vm and -vmdir options;

While would you want to rename DRLVM to Harmony VM? It feels to me like claiming DRLVM to be "the only" Harmony VM.
On the contrary, I thought Harmony project is about *encouraging* diversity.

I think having library named libdrlvm.so would be much better.

The Harmony launcher looks for harmonyvm.dll as its default vm library. It's just a generic name so that the launcher can find the correct library without -vm. The IBM VME also contains a harmonyvm.dll, which is why it works without specifying command line options

Regards,
Oliver

2. Exclude building of the "original" launcher from the DRLVM build -
it currently conflicts with the classlib launcher (both are called
"java").

3. Aside from the hythread, it may also have a sense to make the
classlib and DRLVM using the same zlib dll/so (preferably the system
one).

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited