On 9/5/06, Alex Blewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 04/09/06, Richard Liang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/4/06, Alex Blewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > If you've got fast and slow tests, then have a group for fast and slow
> > tests. Then you can choose to just run the fast tests, and any
> > automated build system can handle running the slow tests.
>
> IMHO, "fast or slow" may not be the key point. The question is whether we
> have any requirements to run only the regression tests.

No, probably not the key point, but (a) groups don't have to be
mutually exclusive (so you can decorate it with whatever groups you
want)

I agree. For example, os.win and os.linux are not mutually exclusive.

Thanks a lot.

and (b) it might be useful for an automated build system to run
fast tests first, followed by slow (or non-fast) tests.

That makes sense through we have not clear requirement currently.

Mind you, I don't know what's going to happen with an automated test'n'build
system; so it might not make sense to do it at this point.

Really? ;-) We could also discuss whether it's feasible to move to
TestNG. As you may know, there are already several threads about
TestNG & JUnit. Here I just review the open questions one by one so
that we have sufficient preparation.

[1]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/[EMAIL
 PROTECTED]
[2]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/[EMAIL