On 9/5/06, Vladimir Ivanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/5/06, Andrew Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If test fails on linux than (for example):
> > - the test/ implementation should be fixed or
>

> What if the behaviour is different on different platforms?

Seems, that it may be just 2 different tests.

- the test should define platform and report 'passed' if it does not
> > support current platform
>

> How to define platform? Get platform information in test code?

Yes. It is just one line of code. For example,  from Support_Exec.java
class:
boolean onUnix = File.separatorChar == '/';

Yes, it does work sometimes, but ...

How to differentiate AIX, solaris, linux, unix, windows and etc...

If there's a public API or can be retrieved from system property, it may
work.

thanks, Vladimir

In this context seems we don't need in any 'level' group
> > > have
> > such
> > test).
> > the

> > > tests
> > > groups

> > *all*
> > >

> > > Yes. We should figure out all possible groups. And it can be
> > consolidated
> > > during applying TestNG.
> >

> > Agree.
> > thanks, Vladimir
> >
> > thanks, Vladimir

But
> > it
> cause.

> fast
> > > and
> any

> > you

> > exclusive.

> so

archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]