On 9/8/06, Robert Hu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tony Wu 写道:
> Hi all,
> I have looked through the java.lang.Character and found there were
> several
> methods missing in Harmony. I'll try to implement these methods if no one
> objects :)
> All of these methods are coming with Supplementary Character Support of
> Tiger. That is, we should handle the character whose code point is after
> U+FFFF in our code.
> After doing some research, I found there're two ways to achieve:
> 1.Maintain a HashMap contains the information of supplementary
> character and
> retrieve from it when these methods were invoked.
> 2.Delegate these methods to ICU4J, which provides extensions to the
> java.lang.Character class.
>
> What's your opinion? Any suggestion are welcome :)
This task is to update current implementation of java.lang.Character,
about some new feature of J2SE 5.0, it's important to reduce the risk of
changing such a core class.
The "HashMap" method may introduce more complexity and more maintenance
effort into Harmony development, so I think delegating to ICU4J is the
better choice.
The only concern is that: does the ICU4J we currently using meet our
need perfectly?

IMHO, the icu4j_3.4.4 which supports Unicode 4.1 will meet our requirement.

Best regards,
Richard

Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM