Gregory Shimansky wrote:
On Friday 08 September 2006 06:03 Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
This came up in another thread.

Currently, java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractInterruptibleChannel depends on
there being a setInterruptAction() method on java.lang.Thread.

I certainly think that this kind of thing should be documented, so the
question - should we add this to our Thread stub class?
Yes, the VMs whose Thread do not know how to interrupt a certain
understratum blocking I/O(socket read/write, select, or so) is likely to
use this method. Though DRLVM using SIGUSR2 may not meet this problem(
does SIGUSR2 work on windows?). I agree this must be documented.

DRLVM doesn't use POSIX signals on windows if you mean if they work in DRLVM.

And if you mean whether they work in the same way as on Linux in regard of interrupting blocked IO I don't think so. POSIX signals on windows work in their own specific to windows kernel version way which makes them quite useless.

In this way I believe that method is necessary, maybe not only for windows but also for other platforms.

+1 of course to document to the above Geir question

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM