Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
On 9/9/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There seems to be no easy solution, other than parse LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
PATH...

Is vmcore.dll (now harmonyvm.dll) and kernel.jar should always reside
in one directory?

I was thinking about this for packaging - that way you can have :

  jre/
     bin/
        j9/
        drlvm/

and setup a symlink if you wish.

if we have kernel.jar in jre/lib/boot as we do now, it's must less convenient and probably error prone to switch back and forth.

> If yes then we can take vmcore.dll base path as a
location of kerenel.jar.

Sure - where will you get that? and what do you w/ .so's in unix? I've come to the conclusion that the only way will be to manually run the PATH (win) and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (linux)