Ok - my debug build on winXP just passed the c-unit tests and now is winding through the smoke tests. Currently hanging on LOS

I can do
   java -showversion -cp . Foo

(where Foo.class is  in . of course)

and it works fine

geir

On Sep 19, 2006, at 5:43 AM, Vladimir Gorr wrote:

On 9/19/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> Geir,
>
> I found out none of the DRRVM kernel tests passed recently. Although
> all fine worked yet yesterday.
>
> *build.bat -Djunit.jar=%JUNIT_HOME% kernel.test*
>     [echo]
>     [echo]             ==================================
>     [echo]             Run kernel tests using jitrino.jet
>     [echo]             ==================================
>     [echo]
>    [mkdir] Created dir:

C:\DrlSrc\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\semis\kernel.tests \reports\jitrino.jet

>     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class1_5Test
>    [junit] Test java.lang.Class1_5Test FAILED
>    [junit] Test java.lang.Class1_5Test FAILED
>     [echo]    **** FAILED on reference JRE ****
>     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class5Test
>    [junit] Test java.lang.Class5Test FAILED
>    [junit] Test java.lang.Class5Test FAILED
>     [echo]    **** FAILED on reference JRE ****
>     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest
>    [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
>
> ^C
>
> I suspect you can know a clue for this issue. Probably I missed anything
> and didn't note what was modifed.

Why are they failing? AS of yesterday, I thought they were all passing
for me.  I wouldn't have checked anything in if I saw that they were
failing en-masse.  (We do need to have a "stop the world" as we
stabilize DRLVM, figure out why tests fail apparently randomly, etc...)

Agree. I also try to understand this.

I'm running kernel tests now on Ubuntu 6, release build, and they are
running fine.

What platform?

debug version on Windows platforms. I have no success on SUSE LINUX as well:

-run-kernel-test-batch:
   [mkdir] Created dir:
/nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/build/ lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/kernel.tests/reports/batch.mode
   [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.lang.generics.ClassLoaderTest
   [junit] SIGSEGV in VM code.
   [junit] Stack trace:
   [junit]     1: properties_free (??:-1)
   [junit]     2: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     3: readClassPathFromPropertiesFile (??:-1)
   [junit]     4: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     5: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     6: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     7: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     8: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     9: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     10: JNI_OnLoad (??:-1)
   [junit]     11: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     12: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     13: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     14: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     15: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     16: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     17: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit]     18: ?? (??:-1)
   [junit] <end of stack trace>
   [junit] Tests FAILED

Thanks,
Vladimir.

For additional commands, e-mail: harmony-dev- [EMAIL PROTECTED]