thanks.  That license seems fine.

geir

On Sep 24, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Naveen Neelakantam wrote:

I've opened a JIRA issue that contains a patch that points out the possible bug:

patch for possible ABCD bug
---------------------------

                 Key: HARMONY-1564
             Project: Harmony
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: DRLVM
            Reporter: Naveen Neelakantam
         Attachments: abcd.patch, BidirectionalBubbleSort.java

On Sep 24, 2006, at 12:34 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On Sep 24, 2006, at 2:05 PM, Naveen Neelakantam wrote:

Hmm. I have seen the code generator of a VM that isn't open source, but that was over a year ago. I don't really understand the implications of that, other than I am not able to become an "Authorized Harmony Contributor" without consent.

yes, that can be a problem. We can discuss here or in private - whatever you'd prefer.

I'll email you to discuss it further.

In this case, I have never seen another implementation of ABCD and my only prior exposure to the algorithm is Ras Bodik's PLDI paper. Can I still point out bugs and discuss the implementation?

Yes.

Thanks,
Naveen