Geir Magnusson Jr. 写道:

On Sep 21, 2006, at 10:07 PM, Paulex Yang wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
Do you think this is a drlvm issue or a classlib issue?
I guess it is an integration issue, i.e., ICU4J's UCharacter needs to load some resources for initialization, while at that time on DRLVM, some necessary kernel classes haven't been inited, so that the UCharacter cannot load these properties sucessfully and leave them to null. I'll roll back the patch for Character temporarily if no one objects, and will look inside later(I need to checkout ICU4J's source at first ...).

Fascinating. What are we missing in DRLVM?
After a long investigation, I thought the jar package icu4j_3.4.4 was not loaded by DRLVM. And I modified
build\make\targets\kernel.test.xml:
Line 204: <jvmarg value="-Xbootclasspath/p:c:\spark\drlvm\build\deploy\jre\lib\boot\icu4j_3.4.4\icu4j_3_4_4.jar" />
then no more NPE will be thrown out.

I want to reproduce this bug on r449972, but as another thread [[drlvm] none of kernel tests passed for the recent sources] depicts. So I could not verify whether this is a work around. Could anyone gives a hint?

Best regards