Just renaming the thread....

On Sep 29, 2006, at 9:17 AM, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

today I tries to build and test one module with HDK. It almost works
:). Small instruction to reproduce:

1) checkout trunk -N, make and modules/<beans> dirs. Note, <beans>/ build.xml
refers to some staff in the make dir. Also, the luni-kernel and
security-kernel modules should be checkout to hide errors:
trunk\modules\beans\build.xml:80: Excludesfile
trunk\deploy\build\patternsets\luni-kernel.txt not found.
and
C:\tmp\tmp30\trunk\modules\beans\build.xml:80: Excludesfile
trunk\deploy\build\patternsets\security-kernel.txt not found.

2) run something like "ant -Dhy.jdk=C:\harmony\hdk\jdk - Dbuild.module=beans" from the 'trunk' directory to copy patternsets to the deploy dir. Note, this
command will be failed on the check-dependency task.

3) set CLASSPATH=junit.jar;hdk\build\test\support.jar

4) go to the module dir (modules/beans in my case). That's all: module ready
to use. You can press: ant -Dhy.jdk=hdk\jdk clean/build/test. Note,
actually, the beans.jar in the HDK will be updated. It is OK?

To do in the build system:
- remove dependency on the luni-kernel and security-kernel modules
- add mode to rebuild module without HDK update (?)
- add mode to run tests with build html-report for each module.
- add mode to run all tests from tests.jar over HDK+ updated classes.
- ?

thanks, Vladimir

On 9/28/06, Alexey Petrenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good point. +1 from me.

SY, Alexey

2006/9/27, Alexei Zakharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> If we plan to use HDK for supporting developers who work on single
> module (that is a good idea IMHO) then we definitely need to supply
> jar with tests. We may also supply the build file with placeholders
> for user classes & tests dirs that will be prepended to
> classpath/bootclasspath.
>
> Regards,
>
> 2006/9/27, Vladimir Ivanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On 9/27/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > If I recall, the point of the test.jar was to have a pre- built jar
of
> > > tests in the HDK so that someone could setup the build-test infra > > > using the HDK so they could run tests on their platform w/o having
> > > build everything.  Good idea.
> >

> > Yes, you are correct. This idea implemented in the jira 964.
> >
> > If that's so, then something would
> > > have to be configured to have the classlib "test" target use that
> > > jar.  All I'm saying is that how we do this is important, as we
don't
> > > want to cause pain for classlib developers who use the HDK for
> > > development support.
> >

> > Seems, we think about different use cases.
> >
> > In my case, user can download the HDK for own platform (if we have
one) run
> > tests and look on results (also, may be upload it to the harmony
site). Also
> > it can be used for application run to check 'enable' status. But if
this
> > user interested in Harmony development he should checkout ws and use
> > built-in ant targets to build and test updated ws.
> >

> > How you plan to use HDK? It looks like initial miscommunication :)
> >  thanks, Vladimir
> >

> > > geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> --
> Alexei Zakharov,
> Intel Middleware Product Division

Alexey A. Petrenko

For additional commands, e-mail: harmony-dev- [EMAIL PROTECTED]