Salikh Zakirov wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
Ok - I'm going to suggest something different that gets you what you
want, namely pass a flag to do the "fill up canonical" rather than pass
the deploy directory.

That way, the build process is always the same, with an extra step if
you ask for it, rather than have it slightly variable as you suggest in
the patch.

Make sense?

Sounds acceptable to me.
(Though I still believe that copying is unnecessary).

Why? Having a "well known" target to find stuff is good. Having the standard build (from DRLVM POV) be standard is also good. I guess that the best way would be simply to create a link so that the caller outside DRLVM could just pick up the material that way.

Anyway, since now the copying doesn't happen, why is it bad for the federated build? It's slow on windows compared to linux, but that's not surprising...