On 10/3/06, Andrew Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There are two ways to fix this problem:

1. Add a read-only flag in FileDescriptor. The default value is false. Set
the flag to true in FileInputStream and RandomeAccessFile("r").

2. Determine the fd in native code whether the fd is read-only.

Solution 1 judges the fd in java code, but has to remove "native"
from FileDescriptor#sync() signature.  While solution 2 seems nature, and
solves the problem thoroughly, but requires more codes. If we adopt solution
2, we should add a new portable native mehtod like isReadOnly(int fd). Where
should we put the method? in port? or OSFileSystemWin32/Linux?  Any
suggestions and comments?

Andrew,

I prefer to solution 2. IMHO, we may put the method in portlib if necessary.

Best regards,
Richard

Thanks!

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/logStream.java?view=co