Yes, I'm agree we should protected them (In the initial letter I was not
sure)

+ We have to divide the helpers into the groups: VM helpers, GC helpers. So
switching to the different type of GC version only GC helpers implementation
will be changed.
But this means that GC must provide some of the kernel classes. This is the
problem I think.