The test you described has a lot of hidden issues.
For example: if Sun supports such situation only with interpreter (need to
investigate), may be it's enough if we support it only with JET (in the
default mode JET compiles all methods first)? In this case if we see
ClassCircularityError in OPT we have a chance to return JIT_FAILURE to EM
and ask EM to compile this method with JET?