On 17 October 2006 at 2:17, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 02:07 Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > I've set the default compiler value to use the ECJ adapter. I've also
> > added a check to fail the build (in build-java.xml and
> > build-tests.xml) if the ECJ adapter class is missing. The message says
> > that the ECJ JAR is missing and to copy it from the depends folder.
> >
> > If there are any changes or suggestions for a more elegant Ant
> > solution, just let me know and I'll add them.
> >
> > Note: The build seemingly takes a bit longer, as ECJ reports a
> > significant amount of warnings by default. Personally, these are
> > things I believe need to be cleaned up anyway (unused imports, missing
> > serialVersionUIDs, etc). I haven't figured out to configure the ECJ
> > options via the Ant task yet, so if anyone know, please let the list
> > know.
> >
> > Mark, Tim, IBM folks,
> > This may require an update to the automated builds if Ant isn't
> > setup like this yet, sorry.

No problem.  (I think I said I do this a while ago.)

> I want to ask how valid were the errors from Sun javac of 1.5.0_08
> version which caused some compilation problems? Maybe it makes sense
> to check with Sun compiler once in a while?

When I first setup our builds, I built harmony twice, once with sun and
then with ecj.  I stopped this when we were using the jsr14 target.

I'm now tempted to put this back in place.  (It shouldn't make too much
difference to build times since compiling the java is a relatively small
part of the overall build time.)  I'll probably do:

1) build with ecj
2) build with sun (using result of 1)
3) run tests, japi, etc (again with output from 1)

Does that sound reasonable?  (This probably involves quite a bit of
shuffling deploy directories around but it should be reasonably easy to
do.)

Regards,
 Mark.