On 10/21/06, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think there is a mistake in the code which Alex wrote (or it would
simply throw NPE). It should be

  class GCv5Magics {
      static {
          String gcPath = System.getProperty("vm.gc_dll");
-        if (gcPath == null) {
+        if (gcPath != null) {
              System.load(gcPath);
          }
          else {
-            System.loadLibrary("gc.dll");
+            System.loadLibrary("gc");
          }
      }
  }

because it makes sense to call System.load only when there is a property
specified on the command line and System.loadLibrary in the default
case. The same should be done for EM. Or am I missing something?..

Gregory, your fix is right (BTW I have not tried Alex's code yet, if I'd try
I would rewrite it without copying)

The problem is with fully qualified names for libraries that could be
provided with
-Dvm.em_dll option. You can't load it with System.loadLibrary(..) from Java
:(

--
Mikhail Fursov