+1

Leo Li wrote:
So I recommend to delay putting formal derby tests in Harmony project util
they are ported to junit. Since there will be quite some trouble to build
them and to test them. Furthermore, current tests which are large and
compared by console output are not so easy for debugging.:)

Besides, I will put my patch on Harmony wiki page and give some instructions about how to build and test for those who are interested in this topic right
now.

On 10/26/06, Daniel John Debrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Nice work!
>
> More inline..
>
> Leo Li wrote:
>> 467 Tests Run
>> 94% Pass (443 tests passed)
>> 6% Fail (24 tests failed)
>> 5 Suites skipped
>>
>> The main progress focuses here:
>> 1. Harmony classlib fails to load class when user-defined security
policy
>> exists. It is due to the sequence of library loading of VM, which has
>> been
>> resolved now.
>> 2. A new workround for derby tests which allow useprocess to run test
or
>> else several testcases might fail due to derby lack these tests when
>> useprocess = false.
>> 3. Derby source code uses the version and the name of java vm to
>> decide what
>> to do, while current IBM VM has the version of "1.4.2" and the name of
>> "j9",
>> which has different output on the screen from that of standard RI 1.5.
At
>> the same time Derby test compares the output of the iteractive test
>> scripts
>> to that of expected. I have made some slight modification in its source >> code, but I have not throughly change this odd behavior, ...,too much:(
>
> Have you approached the derby community with the changes?

Derby is moving to a pure JUnit based world, so it is probably not worth
a lot of effort patching up the old harness to run with Harmony. One of
the reasons to kill the old harness is that how to run with a new vm is
not obvious.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/KillDerbyTestHarness

Dan.