Ivan,

Ivan Volosyuk:
On 10/29/06, Alex Astapchuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mikhail Fursov:
> On 10/28/06, Alex Astapchuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Aleksey,
>>
>> >   1. Mark and scan based approach.
>> >   2. Automatic class unloading approach.
>>
>> In the #2, is there any chance for other components to be notified about
>>    unloaded classes?
>>

> Alex,
> I asked Aleksey about the same feature some time ago. I was interested if > it's possible to deallocate profiler's data in EM for unloaded methods. The > answer was: OK you will get a callback from VM. So, this feature is in the
> design. Let's wait Aleksey to give us more details about it.

Hmmm...  Yes, some more details would be nice.
If I get it right, in case of automagic unloading, GC does all the job
without a knowledge whether it collects a class, a classloader or
whatever else.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but to provide a callback on class
unloading, the GC must know the semantic of the object being collected.

The callback will be called by class unloading implementation (for
#1). It will definetly know everything about classloader being

Sure, I see no problem with #1.

But I'm really curious how the callback can be implemented in the *second* approach - with automatic class unloading.

  Alex

deallocated. EM just needs to make relation between its data
structures with corresponding classloader and free them by request.