Hello,

this is legacy thread structure. You're right, there was no HyThread
at first, but VM_thread structure. Also different DRLVM modules used
to have dedicated fields in this structure. Further it was decided to
make threading module independent and make usage model of threading
module the same for all other modules(i.e use thread local storage for
module specific data). But since VM_thread structure usage was very
heavy it was also decided to leave all non threading data in VM_thread
and put it in TLS till better times (I mean, till this data will be
divided into module depended parts and also put into TLS under
different keys).

Nik.