Geir, All,

I have examined class library code. It seems that the solution we
invented (return EINTR, then loop) was always in place. :-)

Few comments on understanding:
1. EINTR (=4) is renamed to HYPORT_ERROR_SOCKET_INTERRUPTED (=-9).
2. The loop is coded by means of "goto select".
3. The same pattern is dupdupduplicated several times.

I have not examined all places, though there could be paths which do not
fit the pattern. Honestly, I have examined the only path:

pollSelectRead() ->
hysock_select_read() ->
hysock_select()

should look for the real problem.