They are the total test run times and I really feel that harmony launches
slower than RI. It is the most abvious difference not only from the above
result.
I have once tested the performance about net and the result ensures me that
harmony performances almost as good as RI although the test I run cannot be
said a formal performance test.:)

On 11/3/06, Alexey Varlamov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2006/11/3, Alexey Petrenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> More and more good new from day to day :)
>
> Thanks, Leo!
>
> SY, Alexey
>
> 2006/11/3, Leo Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi, all
> >      I have just tested JUnit4.1 on Harmony.
> >      With J9 VM, harmony passes both on windows xp2 and redhat
enterprise
> > 4.0. While drlvm fails on linux, which fails to create new thread
becauseof
> > out-of-memory-error. Since it can always be reproduced, I think
actually
> > system doesnot lack memory at the time. So I reported it as an
> > application-oriented bugs as JIRA [1].
> >      Besides I have got the time used in these tests which shows there
is
> > space for us to improve our performance.
> >
> > VM
> >
> > Windows xp2
> >
> >       Redhat Enterprise4
> >
> > RI
> >
> > 0.985+0.921
> >
> >       0.75+0.717
> >
> > J9
> >
> > 4.25+2.61
> >
> >       2.888+2.897
> >
> > drlvm
> >
> > 8.437+5.359
> >
> >             /
> >
> > *The former data represents the time to run junit.tests.AllTests The
latter,
> > junit.samples.AllTests.
> >     For detailed information, including how to run tests, I have
posted it
> > on Harmony wiki[2].

Looking at this times, I'd say they are mostly about startup time, not
steady performance per se. I wonder how different these numbers are
for release vs debug builds - guess Leo used debug versions.
And surely there are some tricks RI does to achieve this momentary
startup - as ClassDataSharing or resident-in-memory VM core after very
first start.
I eager to anticipate Harmony will compete strongly in this field soon
enough.