Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> I'm proposing to simply use "precise svn url/version identification" as
> markup:
<snip>
> As long as we are *sure* that the releasetarget code was built from
> precisely that url/version (without any "local workspace" modification)
> then it should be as precise as having markups everywhere in the source
> code. :-)

Ah! penny has dropped! -- cool, yes.  The immutability of the SVN
revision means that you don't need to reverse the releasetarget, you can
where the releasetarget lines came from.  I like it.

> Of course, this adds a (small?) dependence on Subversion, but the gains
> in markup noise reduction seems to be worth the trouble.

Yep -- it keeps the release code squeaky clean, and it's not like we
don't depend on Subversion being there already for fixing bugs reported
in released code<g>.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.