Weldon Washburn wrote:

On 11/8/06, *Geir Magnusson Jr.* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Weldon Washburn wrote:
     > On 11/7/06, Ivan Volosyuk < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

     > There would have to be a very compelling argument for making vtables
     > movable.  Like a business workload that Harmony needs to run
    within the
     > next
     > 12 months.

How would a business workload need this directly? That's the point. I can't figure out any compelling story for moving vtables. As far as I can tell, its over-engineering. I would love to be proven wrong.

But isn't this simply an implementation detail of something that is important, namely the class unloading?