Gregory Shimansky wrote:
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
I'm happy to report that both classlib and drlvm at r474892 build on
x86_64/em64t

As Gregory suggested, I had to change the symlinks to from
/usr/lib/lib(jpeg|png).a to /usr/lib/lib(jpeg|png).so in order for the
link to avoid complaining.

Well Geir insists that we should know what we are linking against, so he prefers static libraries. I don't like it very much (it is contrary to Gentoo way :) which is to link against anything which is installed on the system by the user) but I can understand this POV.

I'm happy to go with convention, but always worried about uncertainty and randomness.

Remember Armand's problems due to a the threading library?