Alex,

It's great you're going to do that. I like the proposal.

>     - make it possible to switch between existing and new conventions
> for investigation and tuning purposes

I think such configurability is a very important feature as we lose nothing
but acquire both more opportunities for tuning and some performance win even
with the current optimization set. IMO it is important to expose as many
options for tuning as possible because even if the proposal doesn't
immediately bring considerable boost we might well expect more from synergy
with future optimizations and non-default options of existing ones.

Slava Shakin.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]