I haven't seen Relentless so I can't make any comments about it.  I do
think that a library should present a balanced view.  Is Israel correct in
everything it does?  No, of course not.  It is a country where failable
human beings make mistakes.  Is the use of terroism an acceptable way of
life?  No, of course not.  Yet how can you face an enemy you do not
understand.
    History shows us that violence creates it's own circle.  The news tells
us that innocent people on both sides suffer from that violence.  I believe
that only knowledge can break that circle.
      I think that a balanced view should also be about the differences
that the Jewish people have among themselves.  I think that only by
understanding each other can we repair the world.  A library is a place of
learning, of understanding, of becoming a better version of yourself.  I
think a balanced view promotes this.  Thanks for listening to my two cents.
J. Brendan Bell-McGonigle
Temple Shalom
Wheeling, WV

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries
Submissions for HaSafran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/