Hanna --

I think quality is a universal, not a specific value.  I have seen (as a
member of the Sydney Taylor Book Committee) wonderful books from Orthodox
publishers, and ordinary ones from mainstream presses. I tried to identify
the "angle of vision" in my reviews, but beyond that I wanted my praise to
be directed toward the content and the valuable qualities of the individual
volumes.

Yes, I do believe the best Orthodox press books belong in liberal school
and synagogue libraries, and that the opposite is also true.  We may differ
on our perspectives both individually and communally and on many levels.
But our commitment to excellence in professional responsibilities should
over-ride our diverse opinions.

Fred Isaac
Temple Sinai
Oakland, CA

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries
Submissions for HaSafran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/