From: Steven Fine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 11:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Request for ha-Safran

Hi Folks!  I am looking for the paper jacket to Omanut ha-Yehudit, ed. Z.
Ephron and C. Roth (Tel Aviv: Masadah, 1956/57).  I need a scan of the
front cover.  If anyone has it, I would most appreciate your help.  I am
using the design of this jacket as a historical source to explain the
ideological underpinnings of Jewish Art scholarship at mid-century.

A broader question: does any library systematically collect Jewish book
jackets?  They really are an important and overlooked, historical source
worth preserving.

Thanks much, Steve

-----

Steven Fine,

Jewish Foundation Professor of Judaic Studies,

University of Cincinnati,

Cincinnati, OH 45221-0169

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries

Submissions for HaSafran, send to: Hasafran at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: Listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: galron.1 at osu.edu
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/