Your librarian from CD Davis is right.  First she is on site and familiar
with your set up. She know you and your library.

I teach cataloging and I know the limitations of LCC and other systems.  No
system works perfectly for every library; we have to make
compromises.  When using LCC you have the collective brains of all the
librarians of LC and other research libraries to help you.  Since no one
can be an expert in everything, I would chose the systems that I could get
the most help and support.

The other argument is financial.  If you have copy cataloging with a full
marc record it is much cheaper to use, then trying to chose your own class
numbers.

Daniel Stuhlman
Chicago, IL  60645
dstuhlman @ stuhlman.biz