Shari

 > What books in the areas of (1) Jewish history to the present, (2) Land
 > ofIsrael/Zionism, and (3) Holocaust studies are "must haves"...

Did anyone mention or do you already know about two AJL publications that
might be
what you're looking for?
1) Developing a Judaic Children's Collection: Recommended Books and Videos, by
Linda Silver, november 2001. ISBN 0-929262-56-5
2) Creating a Collection: A Resourece Booklist for a Begining Judaic
Library, 4th
revised edition, compiled by Merrily F Hart (I love her name). ISBN
0-929262-56-5

Interesting how both of these have the same ISBN numbers; I've always wondered
about that. I haven't lost much sleep over it granted, but it comes to mind
from
time to time

We got these two publications in the An Introduction to Judaica Librarianship
Session III: Collection Development at the AJL Denver Colorado Convention
2002. I
have used these two publications to orient and re-orient my brain. They're
great
for me. They might be great for you.

Having a Hot Hot summer
Besos de Valencia
Alba Toscano
Sinagoga conservador/masorti "La Javura"
Valencia (Spain)
http://www.uscj.org/world/valencia