Rose's question is important, and I think it might be a possible discussion
point for a future Convention panel.

My own sense is that there are 2 pieces:
       1,  Whether non-Jewish books are appropriate in Jewish settings,
particularly small synagogue libraries
        2.  Whether there is a library that specifically collects books
showing external views of Jews and our lives, rituals, etc.

1.  Because of the small amount of money available to many synagogue
libraries from year to year, it is most important to acquire the best books
from "inside" the Jewish world.  The more money (and in some cases space)
is available, the wider the library can range in acquisitions.  If the
books are good and/or important, they need to be in the libraries.

2.  I don't know of anyplace that specifically has those books.  I assume
places like the larger Bureaus and the JECC in Cleveland would acquire
them, but don't encourage their patrons to use them.

Finally, with regard to "Kaddish for Grandpa," the issue of encouraging
interfaith families to discuss the issues seems an important
one.  Regrettably, the book adds to the confusion, especially as it is
geared toward younger kids.  To the extent that it raises all of the
concerns, and makes us as professionals aware of them, it has done a great job.

Fred