As part of our centennial celebration, my congregation wants to choose a book
for the congregation to read and discuss. The book should look at Israel as a
modern nation, not be too dense (as we want peopple to read this book), and
hopefully be available in paperback so we can purchase lots of copies
economically.

I know that the requirement aliminate lots of great books.

  We may also look at involving the children so would want a children's title
also.

The listserv always comes up with such great suggestions and I am sure some
library out there must have sone a similar thing already. Why reinvent the
wheel!

The committee and I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you so
much.

Aileen Grossberg
Lampert Library
Congregation Shomrei Emunah