Association of Jewish Libraries­New York Metropolitan Area
Chapter  (AJL-NYMA)

Dear AJL-NYMA members and prospective members,

This yearÂ’s AJL Convention will take place in Phoenix, Arizona, from
June 17-20, 2007, at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas, and you
are all encouraged to participate in what promises to be a
stimulating conference. Our chapter is offering several $250 stipends
to help NYMA members defray the cost of attending. Only those who are
paid-up members of both AJL national and NYMA are eligible.

This year we are offering an additional two $250 stipends
specifically for NYMA members from New Jersey, so I especially
encourage our members from there to apply.

A sub-committee of the NYMA Executive Board will select the
convention subsidy winners. If you would like to be considered,
please fill out the questionnaire on page 2 below. It must be mailed
(postmarked), faxed (with a cover letter to my attention), or emailed
to me by March 26, 2007.

Anyone who receives the stipend and does not attend the convention
for any reason is responsible for notifying NYMA immediately and
repaying the amount in full.  Our first priority is to extend funding
to those who have no other sources of financial assistance.

We hope that this stipend will assist some of our members to attend
the AJL Annual Convention.  This event always proves to be an
enriching experience professionally and personally.

Sincerely yours,
Marlene Schiffman
AJL-NYMA Chapter President

Marlene Schiffman
Gottesman Library
Yeshiva University
500 West 185th Street
New York, NY 10033
Telephone: 212 960-5381
Fax: 212 960-0066
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

QUESTIONNAIRE

Name___________________________________________________________________________________
Address_________________________________________________________________________________
Telephone
number______________________________Email______________________________________
Institutional affiliation
Work
address_____________________________________________________________________________
Work telephone number_____________________Work
email______________________________________

1. How many years have you been a member of the NYMA Chapter______of
AJL______________________
2. Have you ever received a NYMA stipend? ____ If so, when?
3. How much time are you planning to spend at the convention?
(Preference will be given to those who are attending the convention
in its entirety.)
Please attach another page, if needed, to answer the following questions fully
3. Which other sources of funding for the convention are available to you?

4. Describe your activities on behalf of national AJL and the NYMA chapter.

5. What do you plan to do on behalf of national AJL and the NYMA
chapter in the future?