I'm coming late to this discussion and have not read all of the
presented or am speaking out of turn. But my general opinion is that
AJL should engage a professional to help us rethink our purpose,
organization, and activities - to create a new strategic plan for our
association. It may be that we are not putting our best efforts where
they are truly needed in this day and age, that we may need to engage
a professional to help us project our image and to lobby for
libraries. We all have great talent and many ideas, but are we using
them to the best advantage of our profession?  Many non-profit
organizations engage in such strategic rethinking and I think it's
time for us to do so as well, to ensure the future of Judaica librarianship.

Debbie Stern, Library Director
Mordecai M. Kaplan Library
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
1299 Church Road
Wyncote, PA 19095
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 215-576-0800 ext. 234 fax: 215 576-6143