I am the author of a new book titled,
"Yiddish for Dog & Cat Lovers."  My first
book was titled, "Are Yentas, Kibitzers, &
Tummlers Weapons of Mass Instruction?
Yiddish Trivia."

Yossi Galron suggested that I e-mail you information about my book.  Perhaps
you can inform your Jewish librarians of
its publication

Here's the details:

MARJORIE GOTTLIEB WOLFE, a free-lance
writer from Syosset, New York, is the author of a new book titled, "Yiddish for
Dog & Cat Lovers."  Her previous book was
titled, "Are Yentas, Kibitzers, & Tummlers
Weapons of Mass Instruction?  Yiddish
Trivia."

Many years ago she discovered the benefits
of owning animals.  Companion animals
provide unconditional, nonjudgmental love
and "libshaft" (affection).  A study of a
thousand Medicare patients revealed that
people with a "hunt" visited their doctors
16% less than those who didn't have a
"hunt."

Her Basset Hound was bi-lingual; he
understood when she said, "Moe, gey aveck!"  Moe went away!  However, the dog
did tend to confuse the command "fetch"
with the Yiddish word "kvetch."  He also had
difficulty differentiating between "drek"
and the gruff kindhearted ogre, "Shrek."

For those who consider themselves
"Yiddishists," or for those who know a
"bisl" (little) Yiddish and wish to converse
with their dog or cat, Mrs. Wolfe's book
is instructional and humorous!

The reader will learn to say "Dogs eat;
cats dine" ("Hint fresn; kets esn.").  They'll
come to understand the truth to the saying,
"One should never send a cat to deliver
cream" ("Men tor nisht shiken a katz tsu
brengen smeteneh").    And what pet owner
doesn't chuckle upon hearing the expression, "Nobody ever puts up a sign
that says GOOD DOG" ("keyner shtelt nit
an afish vos leynt a 'gooter hunt.'").

So, if you want to be able to say, "Buy one
dog, get one FLEA" (Koif ayn hunt, bakum
ayn floy"), read the book.

Genug iz genug!"  (Enough is enough!)  Go
talk to your dog or cat in Yiddish.!

To order:

"Yiddish for Dog & Cat Lovers"
(ISBN:  978-0-615-16799-2)

Marjorie Wolfe
Malka Publications
19 Market Drive
Syosset, NY  11791
$13 (plus $3.50 postage/handling, USA)
$17 (plus $5.00 postage/handling, Canada)