Dear Vanessa -

As I started this thread of conversation, I'll assume I can go again!

My first week at Hebrew Union College in New York (January of 1974) a
distant cousin of my wife who was a librarian at a major Madison
Avenue advertising agency called with a similar question.

A client, a major producer of dates, wanted to a campaign around
"Date - the Fruit of the Bible." She asked me for a list of
scriptural verses they might use.

We were both surprised to find out that while we assume that dates
were commonly eaten in the ancient Holy Land, only the tree, the
date-palm, is mentioned in the bible, the fruit alone is not.

Phil