Dear Hevra:

After twenty years of being the director of the Cultural and Learning
Center here at Beth El, I have decided to retire in June.  I wanted
to let you all know, even though I will be attending AJL conventions
in the near future, and remain one of the co-chairs of the 2009 AJL
convention here in Chicago.  Life has a way of evolving in
interesting ways, and now that I have determined to retire, my
daughter has become engaged to a wonderful man in Seattle.  So much
for actual retirement -- wedding planning beckons!

There will be a job posting about the library position here as soon
as the synagogue administration decides what the parameters of the
job will be.  I will let you know as soon as I know.

I thank you all for your friendship and collegiality throughout the
years.  I hope to remain part of the group for many years to come, in
an "unofficial" capacity.

Cheryl

  Cheryl Banks, Director
  Joseph and Mae Gray Cultural and Learning Center
  North Suburban Synagogue Beth El
  1175 Sheridan Rd.
  Highland Park, IL  60035
  847 432-8900

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]